
O
Ok so hear me out, some people are going to assume that this picture is purely for attention and …….they would be partly right, I think I look pretty good in this picture.
The feeling of cuteness is partly down to the weightloss and fresh out of the shower feeling, but it is also down to the cute outfit (which happens to be 2 sizes smaller than the last time I went shopping).
This picture made me think about the many different things that can affect the way we see ourselves. Even something like how somebody else looks.
When I went to Ibiza, the island was full of girls with prefect makeup, golden tans and bodies without an ounce of fat of them, and by the time I left I was feeling like a geriatric beached whale.
Through nobody else’s fault my self esteem had plummeted and I felt like I should crawl back into the primordial soup.
And to be honest, I am not going to be too hard on myself for feeling that way. Todays beauty standards are completely unattainable, if your thicc they tell you too lose weight, if your thin they say you have an eating disorder, wear make up your trying too hard, don’t wear makeup and your not trying enough, new mothers go back to work and their abandoning their children, if they don’t go back to work they are lazy.
No matter what you do or say or wear there will always be that annoying on the back of your head saying it now enough, you need to do more and you need to have everything.
But do you know what I realised about that voice?
Nobody that means anything to me had ever said any of those things to me. Every bad thought I had about the way I am and who I am had come from various forms of media, magazines and advertisements selling us products to correct our ‘flaws’. Fairy tales and Disney movies where the handsome Prince falls in love with the beautiful girl he met once in a forest. Even the toys I had as a kid, like barbie with her dream house.
I hate to admit it but these were things that I thought were completely normal well into my adult life and it is only in the last few years that I have come to a pretty life changing realisation
PHOTOSHOP IS REAL AND NOBODY CAN MAKE YOU FEEL BAD ABOUT YOURSELF WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.
This is who I am and this is the way I am, and I will never let a story book convince me that I am not good enough ever again.
I want the people who read this to do something for me, I want you to go and look in the mirror and see the miraculous and beautiful creation that you are, and I want you to leave a comment or message me on Instagram with something that you love about yourself.
And then go and tell someone else what you love about them.
The world is so full of hate and self hate, be somebodies sunshine today 💕
IG - my_fitfat_fun_anxious_self
https://allmylinks.com/feed#login
Comments