Support
Hi, my name is Christine and I originally started this blog in 2022 with the idea of sharing my life experiences with whoever wanted to listen. Now that I am getting back into it I want to expand it to every aspect of my life from my day to day activities, personal experiences, thoughts and feeling, recipes, my weight loss journey, and to give any readers my completely honest review of everything. I would love for you to join me, lets experience this world together
Blog
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Joy and frustration 💕
Hello and Happy Saturday to anyone out there who is reading this. I hope you have all had a wonderful week.
I say my last blog was my first blog, but in reality, this is my first real blog, and I would like to start it off by asking a question. What are the small things in life that make you happy and other things that irritate you the most?
For me, what made me happy this week was when one of my best friends spontaneously invited me out to dinner one evening at our favorite Indian restaurant, Rajpoot.
The food is incredible, the staff friendly and efficient and the surroundings warm and inviting. But it was none of these things that made this so special for me.
What made this so special for me was that it was her little 6 year old boy who had decided he wanted to go out to eat and wanted to invite me. That struck a cord with me that this child who I am not related to, but I have known since he was a new born, actually wanted to spend time with me.
His little mind had realized it had been a while since he had seen or spent time with me. This was not intentional, I have a packed full time work schedule. But it made me feel good about myself. something so simple like dinner together with people I haven't seen for a couple of weeks raise those pesky serotonin levels and has a profound physical effect on a persons whole body. I felt myself relax completely, my stress headache eased, my jaw unclenched and I could feel my blood pressure coming down.
All of these awful physical effects lessened by some very basic social interaction, and unfortunately, this week, all caused by the same thing. That one burden the majority of society has to endure, yes, you guessed it, Work!!!
Don't get me wrong here, I'm very fortunate. I quite like my job and it is pretty well paid. I'm treated better than i was when I was working in care and not even getting paid minimum wage for 12 hour night shifts. That company now no longer exists and is no longer able to take advantage of hard working carers.
I like my job, I get to sit in a comfortable air conditioned office with good people, but that doesn't mean it doesn't have it's issues. Last bank holiday Monday was the issue. The classic age old issue of any working environment, 'Too much work and not enough staff'.
Now, without going into too much detail about where I work, because, once again, I like my job, you could almost guarantee when the quieter days would be, like weekends. Bank holidays are usually really busy. There was hundreds of customers, problem after problem, problems with the computer system and only three members of staff in, including myself. You can imagine this would create a certain amount of stress in the usual cheerful staff. The usual calm demeanors had been replaced with red faces and bloodshot eyes from tears, the usual pleases and thankyous were replaced with obscenities with I can't repeat here because I am trying to make this a family friendly environment for all, but there are today claw marks on my desk where I dug my nails in from frustration and I have to buy new boxing gloves, as I have destroyed the old ones while using them on a brick wall, instead of the punch bag like I should have, (that may turn into a future blog).
This feels like it is turning into more of a rant than a blog so I'll end it here, with just a request from anyone who may read this, drop a comment below about the daily things that bring both joy and frustration to your life, because I firmly believe that without the frustrations of daily life we cannot enjoy the things that bring us joy.
Embrace it all, treasure the joy and grab the frustration by the horns and scream in it's face...... or buy a punch bag, easily one of the best things I have ever purchased 😊
💓💓💓💓
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments